Sunday, April 26, 2009

Let the ref assists begin!

From that inward view of the African game in my last post, let's go overseas a bit.

I took the time to see the highlights of the English premier league. And as interesting as it is you cannot imagine how i feel with my growing sense of feeling that the current champions get off with a lot of luck.

And so, was Michael Carrick fouled enough to warrant a penalty? I will NOT speak much but here is an extract from the BBC Match of the Day people made up of host Gary Lineker - yeah, my namesake - and his guys.

MoTD Analysis: Man United - 'Spurs


Video 1 from Dummy Account on Vimeo.

Made your conclusions? So, let's just bring this scenario to Africa. With few matches to pull down the curtain, any of such referee assisting championships in Africa can cause a lot of chaos, anarchy and bloodbaths. And I sure aint exaggerating.