Saturday, October 17, 2009

Video: Ghana beat Brazil and quotes



Daniel Agyei, Black Satellites goalie
"I had a feeling that Maicon might miss, or I might have saved his penalty, because he took such a long time to take it"

Rogerio, Brazil coach
"I am proud of my team and the performances we have put in during the tournament. The players were excellent and we controlled the game today, even before the sending off. We wasted a number of chances in the match but when it came to the penalty shoot-out we have nothing to be upset about.

"Lady Luck plays the biggest role in shoot-outs. She deserted us and we lost the cup. We decided to take Douglas off in the first half because Ghana's left back David Addy was causing us a lot of trouble. My player was on a yellow card and I was worried he would get sent off."

Sellas Tetteh, Ghana coach
"We are worthy winners of this tournament. When Daniel Addo was sent off I wasn't alarmed as I went through the same thing two years ago in the U17 World Cup in Korea when Brazil were again the opponents.

"But we have beaten them today because we adapted our game. I have now become the first coach to lead an African team to this cherished title and I hope that I will soon be leading the Ghana first team to victory in the African Cup of Nations and then the World Cup."