The news in this case is coming thick and fast.
* The sports minister, Alhaji Muntaka Mubarak has squelched reports that he has embezzled state monies in a five page document. Details here.
* Meanwhile, do you remember the former minister of sports who was jailed shortly after the New Patriotic Party came to power in 2001?
* Right, he has said that Muntaka was framed!
* Anyway some of you may recall that Mallam Issa was freed by presidential pardon in 2003.
* In all the talk, the Presidency denies sacking the embattled Muntaka.
ps: I'm becoming antsy because I have tried to upload pictures of the man in question but my picture uploading system is just not working.
So, you can see Muntaka's picture here and Mallam Issa's here.
Thursday, June 04, 2009
Update in Muntaka's matter: he denies it while someone says it's classic déjà vu
Mallam Issa|Muntaka|New Patriotic Party|